Monday, March 14, 2016

man up



I think I've just watched one of the best movie and romantic-comedy, ever. Okay fine not ever, but quite most possibly the best for this year. I figured I should let how I feel about it now, right after I've watched it just to preserve the emotions obviously clouding my judgement now.

The British joke, the places they shoot it, the characters that I could so relate to and the storyline in itself. I somehow feel so uplifted after watching it. Not to mention the perfect soundtracks to the whole movie. Who knew Simon Pegg and a newcomer (I've never heard of her so a newcomer to me), Lake Bell could achieve those non-cheesy rom-com chemistry. Totally unexpected. It was just laughter from the start 'til the last bits. It could not have been more perfect.

Oh yes, I am talking about Man Up, a movie released in 2015 that I have actually wanted to watch but never get the chance to and had totally forgot and then reminded back after I typed in "British movies" in that Google Search space. 

I don't know why but I have been craving to listen to the British talking. It has been quite a few months since I left the land of teas and scones and indubitably, honestly I miss it a lot. One of the ways I'm trying to relive them is going through runs of British movies and TV shows.

Man Up is utterly a fantastic movie. To me at least. I did not put any expectation on it but I did had a trickle up the back of my mind saying that it will be the typical rom-com. Well, it blew my mind! I was on a search of rom-com in the alleys of movie list which quite truthfully has been more of an action kind rather than the simple laugh-at-your-face movie. This definitely came at the right time.

I swear I am that type that wished things like whatever happened in that movie happened to me too but you know that is all just a story. Taking it positively, who knows what might happen, right? So like what they quoted Six Billion People and You, "F*** the past"! I'm gonna watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment