Thursday, April 07, 2016

a werewolf boy | review


I don't think I had ever cried this much over a movie. A full blast tears with sobbing in between. The kind that makes your eyes hurt after crying for so long. I have watched movies and dramas that moved and touched me but this one just now was ultimate tear-jerker. It is a good cry.

A Werewolf Boy is a 2012 Korean movie release starring Song Joong-Ki as one of the main characters. How did I end up watching this? I was so sucked into watching Descendants of the Sun played by Song Joong-Ki and was curious to watch other productions he had worked on. My search ended up showing me a multi-award and nomination movie that is accompanied by how many people were crying their hears out saying it was so good.

The streaming website I was watching other Korean stuff somehow had the movie on so I decided to play it. Seriously, I did not expect myself to sob so badly after watching it. I don't want to give out any spoilers to those who have not watched it but I can guarantee you will have this film carved out into your heart. 

A huge standing-ovation for Song Joong-Ki for this utterly brilliant performance portraying the werewolf boy. I know not many can truly portray a distinctive character needed, but Joong-Ki had mastered it and gave such a detailed performance. 

Not to forget, Park Bo-Young gave a tremendous performance as the girl that trained Chul-Soo (the werewolf boy). Their chemistry throughout the film matches with each other making it feel as if you are the one who is going through their journey. An extra search under Park Bo-Young's name gave out other productions she has been in and what surprises me is the amount of awards she has received. Another prove that her works are some of the best. 

As a recap, bravo to this movie. If you feel like having your eyes spraying out tears, this is definitely the movie. Either way, you still have to watch it. It's good and it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment