Thursday, April 02, 2020

song for zula

It's time to bring back this space to life. I don't think people read blogs now since we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other sorts.

But I like to keep this place a place for sanity and as a record of whatever I'm going through. What's that word? Yes, a diary. If you may call it so.

I haven't had the urge to post publicly for a long time but since we're under Movement Control Order (MCO) - oh ya, we have a virus attacking the entire world now called COVID-19 and almost all of Malaysia are under house quarantine - I thought I just update here.

I was brought to post this as I was reminded by a movie I watched last night, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. One of my favourite movies and not just because Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone is in there. But you could not deny the chemistry they have there.

I'm talking about this one particular scene where "Song For Zula" by Phosphorescent is playing and you see Peter Parker using his spider sense to cross the road while having his gaze at Gwen Stacy the ENTIRE time.

If you still have no clue, watch this below:

This scene beats even the fighting scenes in there. It was heart-breaking but warm and magical at the same time. Perhaps because it also reminds me of my past. 

You know when you're young but you're trying to figure out yourself and trying to be an adult but there's some things that you forgive but you can't forget.

This scene feels so full of mixed emotions. The anxiety of trying to move forward, the love that is still there even when one tries to deny it, the emotional investment, the effort of trying to stay close but having a line in between and trying not to go overboard, the chances to take to see if there's still future in it. They are all bottled up in this very scene. 

So much love but so much sadness at the same time.

Listen to the full song for more feels:

Until then.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment