Thursday, August 24, 2017

are you guys going to the wedding?

That was my only question to my two best friends last night. We were invited to our schoolmate's wedding next month and being the only one officially single, I did want to have them around with me instead of sticking like a sore thumb alone in a ceremony filled with love. 

Don't get me wrong. I still love weddings but it's just one of those events where sometimes I do need a plus one to accompany me. And this is one of it.

I waited for their reply which feels like forever.......

Until Tin replied me asking who is free to talk. Naturally, I would always be ready to talk. So I replied, "I can".

A few minutes later she called me and what she told just had me speechless.

"Izzah, I'm in the hospital"

I kid you not, my mouth was just gaping open, speechless and trying to comprehend the information I just got. Mind you, she was 37 weeks pregnant. My thoughts just drifted to the days we were in school, our days out together, our memories and dirty secrets. And she is having a baby now! Gosh.

Let's back track a bit.  A couple of weeks ago, we gathered together at Ben's for Tin's baby shower! 


And now she's having a baby?! Mentally trying to brain this. . . . . 

Anyhow, let's all pray for a smooth delivery for my best friend! Tin, I love you so much that only Allah knows how much I appreciate you! Now, PUSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment