Monday, May 02, 2016

my favourite beauty vloggers

Who knew having extra time on your hands could help you to discover A LOT of great beauty vloggers? Plus point to me! These past months of chilling at home has just made me drawn to watching beauty videos, day in, day out. I would at least watch a minimum of 3 hours of these types of videos which consequently lead me to discover an array of other talented beauty enthusiasts as well.

Before you read on, watch this first :D


I personally like to refer to them as 'vlogger' instead of 'guru' 'cause some of them are not even makeup artists or never been to any classes but they love to try out beauty items and share it with others. I would love to do that too but I'm just to shy to put myself in front of everyone and talk as if I know every single thing about it. No. That is not me. I can talk a lot, like really too much, but when you put me in front of a camera, every thing just jumbles up :/

Anyways, on behalf of my shy-self, these are the top beauty vloggers I have been watching constantly to give advice, tips and tricks for all things beauty without any rank.

1. Tati



Your only Glam Life Guru. Perhaps the only lady that uploads 5, FIVE videos every week. I know, that is A LOT considering most makeup vloggers upload 3 videos, the most, every week. The former makeup artist tries out beauty products from the cheapest to the highest existed. That is how dedicated this talented lady in making sure her audience is given the best of everything. I only discovered her lat last year and I was hooked ever since like a cat tied to a string forever. My life would feel incomplete without watching her videos every day and I am not even being dramatic. Check her out here.


2. Cosmobyhaley

A beauty school graduate who started to record snippets of her makeup looks, posting it to Instagram and finally made a YouTube channel due to high demand of beauty enthusiasts to see her work. Haley hails from Oregon went straight to beauty school instead of college and never regrets her decision. You have to watch her makeup tutorials, simply because she makes it so so SO EASY to recreate a sophisticated makeup using a range of affordable and high-end makeup. One of the best looks that is also my favourite is this:



I mean, come on. Creativity all bottled up in this girl! Watch her other works here!


3. Kathleen Lights

I swear if you don't know her, you've been living under a rock cause she has 2 million subscribers on her YouTube channel and definitely one of the most down to earth personality I've seen! She strives to find and use affordable, or like the Americans like to say, drugstore items. I swear she makes me jealous how much good drugstore products they have overseas while we have the not so good ones. If you watch her first videos, you can see that her character has not changed at all. She's still the same as she was before and she gives a lot of good suggestions for those who doesn't have bucks to spend. Go to her channel here!



4.  Morgan - The Beauty Breakdown

Good Morgan everyone! That is how she starts each video with haha! I love love her! Probably the only person that tries and reviews K-Beauty products the most on her channel and she goes in-depth into each product! She's always cheerful and she has this bubbly personality that could just cheer you up every time you see her. Those you would love to try Korean beauty products, watch her channel and you'll be amazed. Watch now here! :D



5. Casey Holmes

I honestly watch her because she always reviews full-coverage foundation due to her rosacea and she has the same type of skin as I do. Oily skin! Yes, the dreaded oily skin, although mine has been super dry, sensitive and flaky lately but I've managed to calm it down to a normal skin. Phewww. Anyways, since I do have scars from previous acne history, I have always loved the way she reviews foundations because you can truly see which foundation gives the most coverage. I don't always pile on foundation but when there is a need to, I will refer to this girl right here.



6. Young, Wild and Polished

You should follow her SnapChat too! She is one hilarious friend that you can have and she'll tell you if something doesn't look good on you. She rambles a lot too but most of the time do reviews on a lot of products. I don't know why but I seriously love her! Watch what I mean here.




7. Jaclyn Hill

If you're down and you need an uplift, this girl is here for you. Watch her and you'll feel like jumping all over the place! She is one woman that loves, obsessed and gets excited to talk about makeup anytime. Her Snapchat is crazy too! A former makeup artist but I believe she is a full-time Youtuber now, she had also created a highlighter with Becca called Champagne Pop that has been given rave reviews! If you own one, you know what I'm talking 'bout. Watch her in action here!



8. Lisa Eldrige

Discovered her when one of my guy friends introduced me to this makeup artist. Yes, she still is a full-time makeup artist and does have a video up on her YouTube every now and then. If you don't want to see the full on 3 inches block of makeup, watch her. She is so graceful in doing her and others' makeup look. The way she speaks calms you and you can see the flick of her hand when she uses the brush to swipe on any face that she is a truly an artist. I'm really surprised that she can cover a blemished skin without using tons of products on and just working her way through the tiny details with just concealer! Don't believe me? Watch her in action here. Be amazed!



9. Wayne Goss

Another of my favourite, favourite makeup artist that I wish I could hire him to do my makeup every single day. A British lad who started YouTube long time ago and has since shared many, many unforgettable makeup tips and tricks that can be used even now. One of the reasons that I love with watch his videos is because it's on point, straightforward and presented in a very simple way. No rambling, no ranting. Just pure real talk. Don't waste your time and just watch him here okay!




I discovered here late last year through one of the 'Recommended Videos' YouTube has at the side bar. I don't know what these British people have but the way they explain things seem to be so much on the calmer side. Similar to Lisa Eldrige, she explains things thoroughly in makeup tutorials and give tips and tricks other normal beauty vloggers don't seem to have knowledge of. She studied at a beauty school and even has SFX tutorials that blows my mind each and every time. Definitely give her a go :D



And those are my favourite beauty vloggers as of now. I'm really into makeup and beauty these days so if you have any other person I should try to watch, please please PLEASE let me know! I would love to get to know them. Hope you had fun with the video and I'll talk to you soon.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment