Tuesday, February 02, 2016

not happy

Most people say change is good. Well, not for this it didn't. I have been receiving emails from Luxola that they will reveal their 'new look' in February. I had suspected that Sephora bought over Luxola and will take over its business sooner or later. So I was not surprised by it.



Today, I set myself to embrace the change and expect a lot more brands to come onboard. My first thought seeing the website is that it looks sleek (not like Luxola didn't but it has a nice feel). I immediately clicked on 'Brands', 'Z', and 'Zoeva', thinking I would make a purchase for the pencil brush I've been longing for. 

Woah, woah, woah.

What did I just see?

The brush is RM65?! It was only RM39 before! 

Disbelieving what I saw, I refreshed the page. My mind was running while I convince myself that what I saw was just a blur.

Click again.

RM65. My eyes are correct after all. NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Almost 50% increased in price! For the love of make-up, I swear Luxola has been my go to place for Zoeva brushes and other make up items that are not available in Malaysia. The prices were all affordable and I had a seamless and smooth experience purchasing from them, not to mention the multiple sales and promotions they had every now and then.

After Sephora had taken over, prices are RM30 - RM50 more. Besides that, I checked other countries they are available online around the region and I found out that different countries have different brands onboard. For example, Australia's Sephora has Kat Von D, Anastasia Beverly Hills and those more well known brands. Sephora Singapore has NYX under it. While Malaysian Sephora don't have those brands! At least we have NYX in-store. I hope with all the increased price and so-called price-alignment will prove its justice. 

I also just wish that Sephora will have offers like what Luxola did before or it will just lose another loyal customer. I have BeautyBay and Asos if I need to. Plus I just remembered Watsons are available online too. Oh wait, and all the Instagram accounts shipping in items not available here. I'll settle for that now.

Sigh. Such a disappointing start for Sephora Malaysia this month. Let's hope for the best now.

Now, back to the brush. Should I get it or not? :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE (4 February 2016):

I just checked Sephora Malaysia's website and my brush is priced at RM45! Most of the products have slightly increased but not as insanely as the time they took over. Phewwwww *wipes sweats* I'm good with just a slight increase. Kay, I'm gonna make some purchases now hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment