Friday, October 17, 2014

new city

Let me just note this down. I have not logged in to my Blogger account for the longest time (do 6 months considered as long for you?) and when I decided I should give a visit, it has just automatically  logged in!

*huge gasp*

It's like Blogger knows that I would somehow come back to blogging. I should throw up some pixie dusts just to give some glitters for this moment of happiness.



Before I get too overwhelmed and totally forgot the point of this very special entry (it is special to me since I've left this space hanging for quite a bit), let's welcome me to a new city as I'm writing this.

With the blessings of Allah the Mighty, my precious Atok and my endless supporter Mama, I have safely landed in the beautiful city of Cardiff, Wales to further my studies in Masters. If you don't know where that is, it's just the west side of United Kingdom and about three hours ride from London.

I have been planning to continue my studies for the past year as I was not ready for the working world (who wants to work when you can be a student and just study, have fun and not worry about other commitments)


Alhamdulillah, I was accepted to continue my postgraduate study in another branch of Mass Communication, the scandalous Public Relations.

I know that I have previously studied Journalism but my heart is telling me that isn't the right path for me. With all the political turmoil that we have back in our country, it is just TOO MUCH for me to handle. 

Having to write political news and researching about what the politicians are doing almost everyday would just leave me to cringe by the end of the day after submitting my news. Urgh, no. No more of that!

Hence why I chose to get into the less political side of the industry, nevertheless a very very busy one which does not promise you a 9-5 working hours (oh God, what have I done).

But before we get to the realistic world of PR, let me enjoy my final time to study and appreciate the life of being a student. Oh, and meet my classmates from Malaysia!

Until next time :)

Left to right: Ani, the writer and P at the National Museum on our way back to our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment