Friday, November 01, 2013

desserts for two, please


Yesterday, I had the chance to have a peaceful date with my mom. Just the two of us without any disturbances from my other two sisters. Mama and me. After lunch, we head out to Botanical at Bangsar Village II for some tea time. 

For you vegetarians, this is THE place for you 'cause they don't sell meat here! Hooray for the healthy-eating people!

Coincidentally, Mama had to use a voucher we were given during our dine-in at Ben's few months ago. We just realized the expiry date was 31st October so when we were around that area yesterday, I suggested my mom to use it.

It was also an excuse to try out a new food place :p


Top: Black Forest Cake
Bottom: Crepe Suzette Cake

The voucher entitled us for a free dessert and since I was keen on trying out other delectable-looking sweet treats, we chose another one.

Aren't these just look so yumm???

Crepe Suzette Cake

The Crepe Suzette Cake tasted like marmalade with a blossom of orange. It was soft but very filling for me. The drizzle that helps to moisten the cake even further was infused with honey and orange. The best part of the cake was the accompanying rich vanilla ice cream. The vanilla stood out but just enough to complement the cake.

Brilliant. 

Black Forest Cake

I'm not a big fan of Black Forest cakes since the typical cake would be infested (too much of a word to use? I think not) with medicine-taste like cherries. Eww. I hate it when it tastes like you're trying to eat medicine. 

Mama had her approval nod for this one though so I decided to give it a try. Boy, I was glad I didn't pass this one up. Mucho delisio! The chocolate cake was rich with high-quality chocolate and the mousse just completed the cake. 

The main ingredient that pulled me to dig into it more was the real cherries they used to fill the cake and they didn't taste like your meds! Not to forget, they even had small chunks berry juice jelly in the middle of the layers that connects the taste of the chocolate and cherries.

Don't tell me you don't think that sounds good 'cause I'm just on cloud 9 with this.




After awhile we were full. This was us when we tried to finish ours. The slice was bigger than your typical bakery slices. You could easily share one slice with your partner to be more romantic :p



This is so calming. Desserts in, lights out. 

Disclaimer: All thoughts are personal. I am not paid to do a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment