Monday, August 21, 2017

just a little update.....

Wow... that was a very emotional post and it has definitely been left longer than I ought it to be. 

So what's going on dear blog? Does anybody ever read blogs anymore. Regardless of it, I just had a sudden urge to come back to this sane place of mine. 

A lot have happened these past few months. Hearts were broken, feelings were cold, but nevertheless chin still held high. Work became the filler to distract any emotions attempting to break through the walls. 

Despite that, I managed to find silver linings in between and things to be thankful for. Two of my friends are pregnant and will be giving birth in September and November. One of my friends might have just found 'The One'. Another friend just got engaged (just got back from her engagement ceremony and it was lovely). And I finally met her friends who are going to be bridesmaids side by side with me! :D 

A funny story during the event. I was looking around at the crowd and at one point I spot a charming looking lad in complete baju melayu and songkok. Our eyes met a few times whenever I had my eyes wandering around. Somehow, just somehow, I caught his eyes and my thoughts just drifted to a dreamy scene. I was thinking 'what a charming lad. I can imagine us being together and have a family together and I would love him endlessly (yes, my thoughts could go anywhere it wants).

I didn't notice that he was actually looking at me too and it was a tad bit too long that I only realised I was staring when he started to crack a smile and nodded at me :/

God knows how embarrassed I felt at that time. I mean, he is my friend's (who was getting engaged) brother! He did have a very calm look that I look in a partner. Hey, a dramatic, emo, over-the-top partner is enough in a relationship. Being that, I do look for those who can calm me down. Or just to complement me. 

Chop! We are moving to another topic. Let's get back to the main story. After he smiled at me, I returned his grin and I can clearly remember how my face were scrunching 'cause I was thinking, did I just stared at him? 

I tried to avoid looking at him but while I was selecting the food, he suddenly came near me and had a little chat. He commented how little my food was and I told him I just came from another event and had a full meal. Seriously, after that I thought to myself that I could continue talking to him but Izzah being Izzah, I did not approach him after.

Before you ask me if he's single, last I know was that he is but my friend has been trying to match her friends. So wish me luck that he is still single. HAHA!

Anyhow, makeup wise, I finally own a huge vanity mirror which I bought over from Instagram (insert superstar pose haha!). I also think I am getting better at doing my own makeup and using products that really suit my skin. I might just share the steps that I take for a full makeup routine for events and that lasts long. Stay tuned for that.

On another note, I have managed to gained weight (the heaviest I have ever been T_T!) even after working tirelessly. Some people tells me that I am happy. Deep down inside, I just feel I have not been taking care of my body the way I should. Pretty sure the Almighty is a bit upset on that (sorry! I promise I'll eat right and do some work out). Speaking of which, I finally resumed my yoga practice (checkout Yoga with Adriene, she's the best). I have to admit, it was a good session. My body instantly feel lighter! 

I did find a centre that could treat scoliosis and do yoga/pilates at the same time. It's just that it's a bit too far from where I work. Okay, maybe I should just book an appointment and take it from there. No harm in trying, right?

Oh yea, I am still in the media industry, radio to be exact and it has been a little more than a year (hoorayyy!!!). Who would have known I can finally stick to doing one thing far longer than I expected. 

We will be having an event called Betul-Betul Live @ ChillX and Akim & the Majistret is coming! Secure your seats okay!

It's time for me to retire to bed. Until next time! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment