Monday, January 25, 2016

setting my aims

It's the time of the year where people start enthusiastically their new year with resolutions, goals, targets, and whatever you name it which includes your beloved blogger as well. To be honest, I never really had a goal or resolution but a focus on what I want to achieve regardless of the time it took. As long as it gets done.

But since we are trying to amend ourselves and trying to be the better version of ourselves each year, I thought it would be nice to immortalise it here and review it end of 2016 or early 2017 (yikes, the sound of 2017 is scaring me). I have also read one of my friend's resolutions, if you prefer to call it, and was inspired to do it too. Read hers here. Now, to get on with it here are my list of goals/ resolutions/ targets/ focuses:

1. More posts. As I have for years and years ago, I would like to update more regularly this blank space of mine with adventures and encounters. I love reading others so I might as well share it with you so you can have a tiny bit part of my private life. So far, I've been doing good. I think.

2. Get a job. Start my own career. It sounds crazy to me but I'm going to be 26 this year. Twenty-six. T-w-e-n-t-y-s-i-x. I feel old! I know people will just brush it off saying you're young at heart and all but it IS time to get serious. Be a proper adult but of course with a twist of youth still bubbling under. I have been searching for work, high and low. Loads of people have been saying that you cannot be too choosy in starting your career but I want to have the confidence in working in a field that I will be comfortable but at the same time challenged as well as a variety of future opportunity. Hence, it is a great deal for me to look into a work scope that will benefit both my employee and myself. But.... looking at the current condition of the country now, I think I'd opt for a simple job now while waiting for a good one to come.

3. Read more. I am quite embarrassed to admit that these past few years I have been reading lesser than I should. Back when I was in school, I always look for new reading materials and contents just to expand my vocabulary. The dictionary and thesaurus was my best friend that I even had an app for it safely downloaded in my phone. Sadly to say, since I've started my undergraduate degree, I has lesser time to spare reading fictions. The urge was and is constantly there but the will to move and pick a book was unfortunately blinded by other urgent matters. So this year I vow to read at least 12 books. One for each month #prayforizzah

4. Be and keep fit. Staying in Cardiff for the past year has been keeping me active. I hiked, walked everyday, jogged in the park a few times and inspired me to stay healthy and fit. But going back to Malaysia has just proven that I could not stay away from the delicious creamy, sugary, high-fat cakes and bad ingredients all over. I did however started to do a yoga routine based on YouTube (thank God for YouTube!), particularly on a channel called Yoga with Adriene. She's awesome! Her guidance is suitable for beginners as well as those who wants extra push. Definitely recommend her :D

5. Get closer with my Creator aka God! One of the steps I've taken few months ago was to cover up as required by my religion. This year, I'm aiming to get myself more acquainted with the Holy book. Yes I do read them, sometimes, but it's definitely not enough. So chop chop now!

6. Shop less. I've been spending wayyyy too much last with all my trips and the so-called things that I 'needed' that this year calls for a slowing down. I promise myself not to buy aimlessly and really have a think before I make the purchase (online shopping is one hell of a struggle!). Which reminds me I won a gift card from Clozette to shop at Zalora. Shall we head there? :p

7. Learn more makeup tricks. I am not a makeup artist but I do share the passion of enhancing ones' beauty. I've been watching makeup videos since before YouTube was the go-to channel for makeup tricks and I have continued thereon. I've experimented a lot of products but it was only a couple of years back that I really got into practising doing makeup. The feeling of painting your face and seeing it transform is sooooooo satisfying. The best part of all, my best friend trusted me to do her makeup for her engagement day! Meeeeeooowwwww! Thank God it went well :D Anybody wanna hire me now? :p

Let's pray that I will achieve this year's resolution, ok? #prayforizzah #prayveryhard

No comments:

Post a Comment